LinkedIn Profile – www.linkedin.com/in/david-roberts-fiddler
Objective: Design and develop of dynamic, engaging instructional materials, educational experiences, and teaching resources for cultural institutions.
Summary of Qualifications: Training / Instruction / Workshops
- Researched, designed, and built digital training modules.
- Instructed students in classroom and online environments.
- Designed and implemented an interactive Library Orientation for first-year college students increasing student participation by 15%.
- Presented professional development sessions.
- Managed and supervised classroom learners.
Program / Coordination / Leadership
- Managed library facilities, programs, and collections for audiences of all ages.
- Developed collaborative relationships between libraries and community partners.
- Wrote and administered program funding grants.
- Prepared and managed program budgets for library and educational programs.
- Directed and assisted customers and stakeholders in formal and informal learning settings.
- Oversaw library staff and classroom assistants.
User Experience / Software / Technology
- Developed, supported, and taught online courses.
- Coordinated usability studies of digital instructional products.
- Collaborated with faculty to design and implement online instruction and digital training projects.
- Developed and maintained organizational websites.
- Supported customers with multimedia software and information resources.
- Facility with WordPress, web design, content authoring, digital development platforms, and learning management systems.
- Digital portfolio is available at http://tinyurl.com/lqfbaj8.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Masters degree of Library and Information Science, 2004,
Masters degree of Arts in History, 2000
Bachelors degree of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 1997
Senior Education Specialist – Instructional Technologies Unit– 5/2017 to present
Professional Development Program, Rockefeller College, Albany, NY
Reference Librarian – SCCC Begley Library– 11/2016 to 2/2018
Adjunct Instructor — Smart Scholars Program– 7/2016 to 8/2016
Schenectady County Community College, Schenectady, NY
Teaching Assistant – Alternative Learning Center– 9/2016 to 6/2017
Albany Public Schools, Albany, NY
Coordinator of Curriculum and Instructional Design– 8/ 2015 to 7/ 2016
SUNY Empire State College, Saratoga Springs, NY (grant-funded, term position)
First-Year Experience and Instruction Design Librarian– 4/2013 to 11/2014
Colgate University Libraries, Hamilton, NY
Media Specialist — Harshman Middle School– 1/2008 to 3/2013
Indianapolis Public Schools, Indianapolis, IN
Adjunct Professor— 5/2005 to 12/2005
IvyTech Community College, Indianapolis, IN
Library/Media Specialist/Teacher — North Central High School– 12/2004 to 12/2007
Washington Township Schools, Indianapolis, IN
Library/Media Specialist – Northwood High School– 10/2003 to 6/2004
Social Studies Teacher — Northwood High School– 9/2000 to 5/2002
Chatham County Public Schools, Pittsboro, NC
Instructional Services Assistant Librarian— 8/2002 to 10/2003
UNC Academic Affairs Library, Chapel Hill, NC
Assistant Project Director of History Cruiser III— 7/1998
Assistant Project Director of History Cruiser V— 7/2000
Exhibits Research Assistant Summer 1997
Indiana Historical Society, Indianapolis, IN
Publications and Presentations:
- “Feudalism: A Medieval Simulation for Large Groups,” https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/feudalism1, 2011.
- “What Makes a Good Online Lesson Plan? A Study of Instructional Resources Available through Digital Libraries” Master’s paper for the M.S. in Information Science. School of Information and Library Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. June, 2004.
“Assistance and Resistance: Free Blacks and Fugitive Slaves On the Underground Railroad” Indiana Historical Society, Black History News and Notes, November, 1996
Volunteer Activity and Hobbies:
Albany Peace Project Steering Team Volunteer – 2016
Hoosier Writing Project Teaching Fellow – 2010
Indianapolis Baroque Orchestra Acting Board Member – 2012
Indianapolis Children’s Museum Volunteer Educator
Interpreter/ Tradesman, Conner Prairie Interactive Museum 1998, 2004
Coordinator, KQ&K Tutoring Program at Wabash College
Folk music performance